Monday, January 5, 2009

That's What Friends are For

Today is my old best friend's birthday. We haven't spoke in forever: last time I saw him was the night before I left for Hawaii back in February. It's interesting to see how things change in such a short period of time.

I thought to send him birthday greetings all the same, so I thought to send him a safe and marginally happy birthday ecard.

Of course, this is me doing that, so when I filled out the card, I made it out so that the sender was him and the recipient was him. So now he's going to get the confirmation that he sent his card to me, as well as the confirmation that I invariably signed him up for the site's newsletter.

In the end, it was a great way to get back in touch with this person who was once played a big part in my life. Whether he replies or not, at least he knows that not much has changed with me!

No comments: