Monday, January 5, 2009

Rethinking Resolutions

After watching the Lakers' last two games, I'm kind of at odds on whether I should rethink my resolution.

I love the Lakers, and I like the Clippers, and I still would LOVE to see a game live (my next chance is THIS month on the 21st), but I did not take into account a very important factor.

Free Jack in the Box tacos whenever the Lakers win a game and keep their opponents stay under 100 points.

Friday's game was pretty good, and the Lakers had a pretty comfortable game at the end of the game, but I was surprised when Utah made an easy basket that was too little, too late, and the crowd let out a big sigh of disappointment. I asked why, and that's when I was told of this promotion.

Last night was fun, because the Lakers had the game in the refrigerator, and the crowd stayed in their seats and chanted, "WE WANT TACOS!" and their request was granted. Some spectators kept chanting it outside during the postgame report.

As much as I like both teams, I also like free tacos. I'd be happy if either team won, but I'd be sad if the Clippers were to lose at the expense of hundreds of people to get free tacos. I'd be even sadder to see people chanting for tacos against the Clippers, too. That would make for a not-so-great resolution.


BUT THEN...
This is only for Lakers home games. I guess I just have to make sure I go to the two remaining games where they're playing at Clippers (though they play in the same space). That way, it's also bit cheaper.

Oh...that's this month. I don't think I could afford the tickets at this point if they're still available...

...back to the drawing board... :C

No comments: