Wednesday, January 7, 2009

If One or Two Wasn't Enough...

I'm writing in yet another blog.

It's a project blog called Project: Elbow Squeak.

I teamed up with another friend of mine after several discussions around the new year and getting to work on things we've been putting off for a while. We figured that if we have a sounding board to vent any frustrations should they come, or to show off a job well done, we have a place for it. It can also track our progress to see how a particular project is coming along.

What's also neat is that I'm now a part of Ravelry.com, a knitting and crocheting social networking site, and it has some really awesome features. One can keep track of the needles and hook one has, the various books logged, bookmarks to patterns and projects others have made, as well as a page devoted to projects. The site can link to one's blog and Flickr account, which makes things MUCH easier to upload pictures of projects and notes on progress. I have this new blog linked to my profile, and I'll be able to post blog entries to any particular project there.

Again, I have no plans on ending or deleting this blog; this is just to show what little of a life that I have, I am able to work on projects, pretend I have adventures and have silly thoughts enough to distribute them all into three separate blogs.

YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you getting all crafty! Ravelry looks like a cool site. I'm a novice at knitting and crocheting, although I did go apeshit last year and bought a set of crochet needles to teach myself. Obviously, a whole lot has been accomplished by that. Ahem.

Corazon said...

Hey, if you need some encouragement or tips, let me know! I taught my roommate how to crochet last month and she's making scarves like a crazywoman!