Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sometimes, I'm a Girly Girl with an Obsession.


My Camera Necklace!!!
Originally uploaded by chromie
This picture is now my primary Yelp picture, I posted it to my Flickr, I put it on my Facebook profile wall and now I'm blogging about it. I might as well log onto MySpace for the second time this month just to upload this picture and use this as my default pic, too.

I just really love this necklace.

What's funny is the fact that I'm not really into accessories. I take that back. I LOVE accessories, but being as indecisive as I am, it's better I don't have as much as a selection, because I never can figure out what to wear. Also, I tend to wear one thing constantly and rarely change accessories, like changing out my eyelets for my ears or wearing a different ring(s) on the same finger. With the exception of the month of May, I practically wore the same pendant every day through my entire college career. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of gold-colored things, but I don't mind it with this necklace (though I have to say - if it were silver-colored, it would be a little more accurately colored).

What's funnier is that with all the writing I've been doing, and all these conversations and ideas I've been bouncing off other creative and supportive people, I've been thinking about how taking pictures really isn't such a big thing to me. It was never my first true love. If anything, it's perhaps one of the latest things I've discovered I really like doing after crocheting and sewing. So why is it that when I get things like a necklace with a camera pendant or I see the specs for a brand new Nikon or when I walk by a store display of awesome cameras, I stop, stare and geek out as I weep? Or how I get angry looking at an amazing photograph, I think, "Damn it of all damns! Why wasn't I there to see and photograph that?!?!"

I suppose that's a good ol' healthy obsession for ya.

No comments: