Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Retrospect and Possible New Year's Resolutions.

2008 was a doozy. It was the year of the Rat.
It was also the year of rejection for me. I seriously have never been rejected so hard so many times in my life before. It's quite a contrast from 10 years ago when I felt like I could do anything, having never been rejected from anything in my life.

But this year had some pretty awesome moments.
Like...
Seeing a red panda in person for the first time.
Admitting to myself (and others) how I've been depriving myself of the things I love doing most.
Realizing I have a lot more to offer to this world and I've been holding back.
Acknowledging those who stand by me and love me in each person's own way.
LEAVING THE US AGAIN AND RETURNING TO GERMAN-SPEAKING COUNTRIES
Made a great effort to get myself out of toxic situations and relationships.
Being able to talk and dream about things and ideas with brilliant and inspiring people.
Making a greater effort in doing the things I believe in and support.
Standing up for myself more.
Fitting back into my favorite pair of jeans before they broke (unrelated to fit of lack of it thereof - it actually fit me perfectly before it busted).
Fully realizing how easily peoples' moods around me greatly affect me, and that I need to avoid those who are negative, and surround myself with those who are positive.

I'll take that. Though I'll be happy to see the end of this year as I look forward to this new one.

I'd like to read more.
I'd like to create more.
I'd like to make a greater effort to utilize and learn the digital darkroom.
I'd like to truly appreciate digital photography for what it has to offer.
I'd like to write more.
I want to be greener.
I want to be healthier.
I want to run in my park.
I want to be more active in the communities/causes I support.
I want to be more efficient with my time.
I want to run a marathon.
I want to work with my hands.
I want to take more used coffee grounds from Starbucks and use them.
I want to save money so I can go places.
I should use my Disney points I've saved up and use the miles I've earned (maybe).
I want to get my bike fix and actually use it.
I should make a better effort cooking again.
I still want to spend an entire night not sleeping and spending that time with people.
I want to reconnect with those who love and inspire me, and maintain connection with the ones I am connected to.
I need to be more patient.
I have to be better to myself.
I need some fine wine and...need to be nicer
I need to fall in love with music again.
I need to obsess over more things and use that to inspire me.
I need to go to the Huntington more.
I want to talk to people.
I want to be more personable.

It's a much bigger bite than I can chew, but I guess I can see how far I can get. I've got a few days, right?

No comments: